What is the cost of Facial Feminization Surgery?
There are many factors that influence the average price for FFS surgery. Very roughly speaking, you can find Facial Feminization Surgery costs ranging from 5,000 to 60,000 euros. That’s a huge difference, so let’s break it down and compare the prices within Europe, and then take a look at the prices in the United States based on the quotes from our patient Jessica.
Caution: A higher cost does not equal better care or a better quality treatment. In the end, one has to make a decision based on which FFS surgeon can most likely give them the preferred outcome.
This comparative study is based on the price for Jessica’s round of full Facial Feminization Surgery* (see video above). She had the following procedures done:
- Hairline reduction
- Type 3 forehead recontouring
- Jaw and chin recontouring
- Tracheal shave
- Lipofilling cheeks
- Lipofilling lips
*What we call a ‘full FFS’ generally consists of about 4 to 5 major procedures, and one or two minor ones.
The Facial Feminization Surgery cost in Europe
Even within Europe you can find many differences between prices for a full Facial Feminization Surgery. Let’s compare the price of the full FFS for Jessica in Belgium versus Spain, the two main FFS hubs.
-Prices in Belgium
The cost for the full FFS in Jessica’s example above was 23,500 euros. This included a one week stay in the guesthouse and all hospital and surgery fees.
-Prices in Spain
A full FFS containing all of the procedures we listed above, would come in at around 48,000 euros. This would include an 11-day stay after the surgery, as well as all other hospital and surgery fees.
The Facial Feminization Surgery cost in the United States
The price of a full FFS for Jessica in the US would come in at between 50,000-60,000 dollars (43,000-53,000 euros) including all hospital and surgery fees.
A recent FFS price comparison based on quotes from another patient confirmed that 2pass Clinic is one of the most affordable options for Facial Feminization Surgery worldwide.
Want to follow Jessica on her FFS journey?
Want to know what your Facial Feminization Surgery at 2pass Clinic would cost?
1 – Pictures evaluation (50 euro)
Dr Bart van de Ven will make a personal analysis of your face and give his surgical opinion of which procedures you need to feminize your face. He will send you a quote for these procedures and a simulation of the FFS result based on the pictures you upload. The payment of the 50 euro is processed by Paypal (you don’t need a Paypal account to pay with Paypal). You can upload the requested pictures as instructed in the form.
2 – Pictures evaluation + Skype consultation (100 euro)
The Skype consultation combines the pictures evaluation with a Skype consultation.
- After booking your Skype consultations you will receive an email with instructions to send your pictures.
- Before the actual Skype consultation, Dr Bart van de Ven will make a personal analysis of your face and give his surgical opinion of which procedures you need to feminize your face. He will send you a quote for these procedures and a simulation of the FFS result based on the pictures you upload.
- During the consultation, Dr Bart van de Ven will answer all of your questions and explain the procedures suggested.
- The available hours are the same as the Antwerp consultation below (every Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and Friday morning, Brussels time).
3 – Live consultation (50 or 100 euro depending on the location)
Book a live consultation with Dr Bart van de Ven in Antwerp or one of the other cities he will be visiting. During your appointment, you will be able to address Dr Bart van de Ven with all of the questions you may have and he will give you his professional opinion on the procedures you might want or need. This is what you can expect from your FFS consultation. He will also make professional pictures and send a simulation of the FFS result based on the pictures after the consultation.
- Antwerp, 50 euro, Belgium (every week):
- every Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and Friday morning
- London, 100 euro (every 3 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday June 29, 2019
- Sunday July 7, 2019
- Saturday September 21, 2019
- Sunday September 22, 2019
- Munich, 50 euro (every 2 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday July 13, 2019
- Saturday October 5, 2019
- Berlin, 50 euro (every 2 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday June 22, 2019
- Saturday October 19, 2019
- Vienna, 50 euro (every year): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday November 2, 2019
- Stockholm, 50 euro (every year): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday May 30, 2020
All quote- and consultation fees are fully donated to the charity organisation of Dr Bart van de Ven.
Just want a general idea of costs?
You still have another question? Feel free to ask! We will answer your question and if generally applicable add it to the FAQ of this page.