What is the cost of Facial Feminization Surgery?
There are many factors that influence the average price for an FFS surgery. Very roughly speaking, you can find Facial Feminization Surgery costs ranging from 5,000 to 60,000 euros. That’s a huge difference, so let’s break it down and compare the current situation within Europe, and then take a look at the situation in the United States.
Caution: A higher cost does not equal better care or a better quality treatment. In the end, one has to make a decision based on which FFS surgeon can most likely give them the preferred outcome.
This comparative study is based on the price for Jessica’s round of full Facial Feminization Surgery (see video above). She had the following procedures done:
- Hairline reduction
- Type 3 forehead recontouring
- Jaw and chin recontouring
- Tracheal shave
- Lipofilling cheeks
- Lipofilling lips
*What we call a ‘full FFS’ generally consists of about 4 to 5 major procedures, and one or two minor ones.
The Facial Feminization Surgery cost in Europe
Even within Europe you can find many differences between prices for a full Facial Feminization Surgery*. Let’s compare the price of a full FFS in Belgium versus Spain, the two main FFS hubs.
-Prices in Belgium
In Belgium, the average price for an FFS would be between 15,000-25,000 euros.
The cost for the full FFS in Jessica’s example above was 23,500 euros. This would include a one week stay in the guesthouse and all hospital and surgery fees.
-Prices in Spain
In Spain, the average price for an FFS would range between 20,000-40,000 euros.
A full FFS containing all of the procedures we listed above, would come in at around 48,000 euros. This would include an 11-day stay after the surgery, as well as all other hospital and surgery fees.
The Facial Feminization Surgery cost in the United States
Facial Feminization Surgery prices in the US on average range between 30,000 and 60,000 euros.
The price of a full FFS, like in Jessica’s example above, would come in at between 50,000-60,000 dollars (43,000-53,000 euros) including all hospital and surgery fees.
Want to know what your Facial Feminization Surgery at 2pass Clinic would cost?
1 – Pictures only (50 euro)
With an FFS proposal request, Dr Bart van de Ven will make and send a simulation based on the pictures you upload, and give you a detailed overview of the costs.
2 – Pictures + Skype consultation (100 euro)
The Skype consultation combines the proposal request with a Skype consultation.
- Before the consultation Dr Bart van de Ven will make and send a simulation based on the pictures you upload, and give you a detailed overview of the costs.
- During the consultation, Dr Bart van de Ven will answer all of your questions and give you his professional opinion on the procedures you might want or need.
- The available hours are the same as the Antwerp consultation below (every Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and Friday morning).
3 – Live consultation (50 or 100 euro depending on the location)
Book a live consultation with Dr Bart van de Ven in Antwerp or one of the other cities he will be visiting. During your appointment, you will be able to address Dr Bart van de Ven with all of the questions you may have and he will give you his professional opinion on the procedures you might want or need. He will also make professional pictures and send a simulation based on the pictures after the consultation.
- Antwerp, 50 euro, Belgium (every week):
- every Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and Friday morning
- London, 100 euro (every 3 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday February 16, 2019
- Sunday February 17, 2019
- Munich, 50 euro (every 2 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday May 11, 2019
- Berlin, 50 euro (every 2 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday March 2, 2019
- Zurich, 50 euro (every 6 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday May 25, 2019
- Vienna, 50 euro (every year): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday November 2, 2019
- Stockholm, 50 euro (every year): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday February 2, 2019
All quote- and consultation fees are fully donated to the charity organisation of Dr Bart van de Ven.