Sound files to be sent
Our voice therapist will make your voice analysis based on sound files you will record, in which you execute the following exercises:
- Sample 1: Sustained vowel /a/
- Sample 2: Gliding tone /a/
- Repeat slowly, and as high as possible: aaaaaaaa
- Sample 3: Reading the rainbow passage
- Repeat:”When the sunlight strikes raindrops in the air, they act like a prism and form a rainbow. The rainbow is a division of white light into many beautiful colors. These take the shape of a long, round arch, with its path high above and its two ends apparently beyond the horizon. There is, according to legend, a boiling pot of gold at one end. People look, but no one ever finds it. When a man looks for something beyond his reach, his friends say he is looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.”
- Sample 4: Continuous speech: a piece of spontaneous talking about your day
- Example of what you could talk about: “Hi Katrien, it’s a wonderful sunny day today. I had to work the whole day so I was sitting behind my computer. Luckily I go out for dinner with friends tonight, I’m very happy because we go to my favourite pasta restaurant.”
Technical requirements audio files
- Make sure all the samples are saved as .wav files*, and that the recording is high quality. Good quality is indispensable, and usually a phone’s microphone is not quite good enough for this type of recording.
- Mac users: After making an audio sample, you can convert it to a .wav file by using Quicktime for example. Open your audio sample in Quicktime, then click “File”, then “Export”. After having clicked on “Export”, you will be able to select .wav!
- Windows users: Open your audio sample in Windows Media Player, then click “save as”. At the end of the file name, type “.wav”, and you file will be saved as a .wav file.
Book your Skype voice assessment
Important: Do not forget to send your voice recordings at least one week before your voice assessment takes place.
Go back to the Online program MtF voice feminization training page.
You still have another question? Feel free to ask! We will answer your question and if generally applicable add it to the FAQ of this page.