Online program MtF voice feminization training
Good news for international patients that want to follow MtF voice feminization training with our voice therapist. We have created an online voice feminization program which can be followed exclusively through Skype!
In case it should be possible, we do recommend you come to Antwerp or London for an intensive one day program face-to-face with our voice therapist before you continue the program via Skype. This will speed up the process of finding your feminine voice. However, if you live too far away to come to either of these cities, we designed this special online MtF voice feminization training program.
Goal of our complete Online MtF Voice Feminization Training program and general information
We are offering this online program to make sure everyone can get the help they are looking for when trying to discover their feminine voice. If you live too far away from a qualified voice therapist, this could be a great alternative.
Before we can work on your voice, it is important to get a clear image of what your voice sounds like throughout all the different aspects that are included in MtF voice feminization training, like: resonance, pitch, articulation, intonation, word use, etc. Through a voice assessment based on voice recordings you will send us upfront, we will create a ‘map’ of your voice. Based on this map, you will get an individual exercise program.
Make an appointment
- If there is no qualified voice therapist near you, you can still get proper voice therapy
- You save up on a lot of money that you would otherwise need to spend on transportation
- You are closely mentored by a voice therapist wherever you go
- We still prefer to do this voice assessment in person as there is a big psychological part in the assessment and the first meeting with your voice therapist as well, but we understand meeting us in Antwerp (Belgium) or London (UK) is not an easy option for everyone!
What does the online MtF voice feminization training program look like?
- First, we do a voice assessment based on 4 voice recordings you have to send us upfront followed by a voice assessment Skype call.
- This allows our voice therapist to: measure your voice, assess any voice issues or complaints, and listen to how you use your voice.
- Based on this voice assessment our voice therapist will create an individual program through her analysis of your voice.
After that, you will schedule regular Skype sessions and send voice recordings.
- If you want a good result, motivation is very important.
- The training doesn’t end with the Skype calls alone. You need to practice, practice, practice! There is no shortcut to a feminine voice. We recommend you do so at least 30 minutes a day.
- Voice and speech therapy can give excellent results without resorting to voice feminization surgery.
- Should you choose to get voice surgery, it is strongly suggested you follow speech and voice therapy during the time it takes to recover. This, too, can be followed-up via Skype.
Before & after
Curious to hear what kind of progress you could make? Below you can find a ‘before and after’ audio clip of one of Katrien’s Skype patients, Megan, after 10 Skype sessions. Listen and discover the huge difference this online program could make.
Want more examples? Here you can find a list of other before and after results.
- A voice assessment through recordings + assessment Skype call of 30 minutes costs 75 euros
- Subsequent Skype session (30 minutes) costs 40 euros per session
Make an appointment
Read more about what is expected of you during a Skype voice assessment, the first step of your online voice feminization training!
Yes, because the voice therapist needs to measure your voice to see what aspects should be worked upon during therapy. The therapy emphasizes the personal and individual needs of the patient.
This is difficult to predict. It depends on the outcome of the voice assessment and how much you practice everyday.
If you live too far away from a suitable Voice Feminization therapist, or from our clinic, we have a solution for you. Katrien Eerdekens, our voice therapist, provides online voice feminization training through Skype! You can find more information over here: https://www.2passclinic.com/voice/online-mtf-voice-feminization-training/
No. Hormones will not affect your voice. Your voice will not become higher through hormones once you’ve gone through male puberty. The effect can not be reversed.
However, with voice feminization training you can learn how to reach a higher pitch as well as work on your resonance, and many other things which you can read more about here: https://www.2passclinic.com/voice/mtf-voice-feminization-training/
A lot of instruction videos on Youtube are good, but keep in mind that these people can only speak from their own experience. It might not work the same for you, and there is a risk you’re going to start using your voice the wrong way
because no one is there to guide you and correct you. This is why many people pinch their voice without realizing, which just makes the voice sound high-pitched in an artificial way. So using your voice wrong would not only be unhealthy for your voice (tension, pain, hoarseness), but the sound you produce will not sound natural.
Aside of that, voice therapy is a lot more than just voice exercises. It’s also about finding your identity, about accepting what your voice can and can’t do, and about learning to gesticulate in a feminine way. 80% Of our communication is body language. Your voice therapist is also your coach.
Find out more about voice feminization training.
You should practice at least 30 minutes every day if you want to get good results. Going to a voice therapist is one thing, but practise is what is going to determine whether you succeed in getting the results you might hope to attain. It’s all up to what you do with the tools you are given! Read more about voice feminization training
You still have another question? Feel free to ask! We will answer your question and if generally applicable add it to the FAQ of this page.