Good news for our patients that live far away from a suitable voice therapist: you can now have a one time intensive day of MtF voice feminization training with our experienced voice therapist with subsequent follow-up via Skype to feminize your voice!
How does it work? You have to travel just once for an intensive one day program with our voice therapist in Antwerp or in London. This intensive session takes 6 hours, divided into two blocks of three hours, and it will prepare you for the rest of your Skype voice feminization training!
Will Skype follow-up be sufficient?
Several of our patients from abroad are already following this program successfully, as you can hear in these before-and-after voice therapy sections.
Pro’s and cons
- If you do not have access to an experienced voice therapist near you, this intensive option in Antwerp and London is a blessing. You only need to travel to Antwerp or London once, for one or two days (depending on how you want to divide your time).
- This way you won’t lose any extra money or precious time traveling back and forth. You can incorporate the Skype sessions seamlessly into your weekly rhythm.
- During this intensive one-day program we will do a voice assessment, determine your goals, and work on a thorough foundation with special exercises. This way you get a very big head start.
- Depending on where you live, it might still be a long way to travel to Antwerp or London. Luckily, you only need to travel once!
What does the intensive MtF voice training program look like?
Voice therapy aligns voice, speech and communication behavior with your gender identity. This is predominantly achieved through mentoring and repetition of exercises. You can read about it in detail on our MtF voice feminization training page.
You can download this Intensive MtF voice feminization training summary if you want the most important details!
This is what your voice therapy program would look like:
- We need at least 6 hours of voice therapy to guarantee that we have established an ideal foundation for remote mentoring via Skype consults.
- We will work in two three-hour blocks.
- You can choose whether you want to book one block in the morning and the second one in the afternoon, or whether you want to spread it over two days.
- First, we will do a voice assessment.
- Our voice therapist will measure your voice
- assess any voice issues or complaints
- and listen to how you use your voice.
- If necessary, we will work with an ear, nose and throat specialist. Based on this screening, our voice therapist will provide you with exercises based on your individual needs, and together you will start working on your voice.
- Repetition is key!
- Follow-up is made possible via Skype, and you will be expected to regularly send audio fragments.
- Last but not least: remember to practice, practice, practice! We recommend you do so at least 30 minutes a day.
- Follow-up via Skype and daily practice are imperative to achieve a good result.
- Motivation is very important. There is no shortcut to a feminine voice.
- Voice and speech therapy can give excellent results without resorting to voice feminization surgery.
Before & after
Curious to hear what kind of progress you could make? Below you can find a ‘before and after’ audio clip of Katrien’s patient, Emma. Listen and discover the huge difference this intensive program could make.
- An intensive one day program of 6 hours costs 600 euros (same price when spread over two days)
- A Skype session (30 minutes) costs 40 euros
Make your appointment
Yes, because the voice therapist needs to measure your voice to see what aspects should be worked upon during therapy. The therapy emphasizes the personal and individual needs of the patient.
This is difficult to predict. It depends on the outcome of the voice assessment and how much you practice everyday.
You still have another question? Feel free to ask! We will answer your question and if generally applicable add it to the FAQ of this page.