Good news for our patients that live far away from a suitable voice therapist: you can now have a one time intensive day of MtF voice feminization training with our experienced voice therapist with subsequent follow-up via Skype to feminize your voice!
How does it work? You have to travel just once for an intensive one day program with our voice therapist in Antwerp or in London. This intensive session takes 6 hours, divided into two blocks of three hours, and it will prepare you for the rest of your Skype voice feminization training!
Will Skype follow-up be sufficient?
Several of our patients from abroad are already following this program successfully, as you can hear in these before-and-after voice therapy sections.
Pro’s and cons
- If you do not have access to an experienced voice therapist near you, this intensive option in Antwerp and London is a blessing. You only need to travel to Antwerp or London once, for one or two days (depending on how you want to divide your time).
- This way you won’t lose any extra money or precious time traveling back and forth. You can incorporate the Skype sessions seamlessly into your weekly rhythm.
- During this intensive one-day program we will do a voice assessment, determine your goals, and work on a thorough foundation with special exercises. This way you get a very big head start.
- Depending on where you live, it might still be a long way to travel to Antwerp or London. Luckily, you only need to travel once!
What does the intensive MtF voice training program look like?
Voice therapy aligns voice, speech and communication behavior with your gender identity. This is predominantly achieved through mentoring and repetition of exercises. You can read about it in detail on our MtF voice feminization training page.
You can download this Intensive MtF voice feminization training summary if you want the most important details!
This is what your voice therapy program would look like:
- We need at least 6 hours of voice therapy to guarantee that we have established an ideal foundation for remote mentoring via Skype consults.
- We will work in two three-hour blocks.
- You can choose whether you want to book one block in the morning and the second one in the afternoon, or whether you want to spread it over two days.
- First, we will do a voice assessment.
- Our voice therapist will measure your voice
- assess any voice issues or complaints
- and listen to how you use your voice.
- If necessary, we will work with an ear, nose and throat specialist. Based on this screening, our voice therapist will provide you with exercises based on your individual needs, and together you will start working on your voice.
- Repetition is key!
- Follow-up is made possible via Skype, and you will be expected to regularly send audio fragments.
- Last but not least: remember to practice, practice, practice! We recommend you do so at least 30 minutes a day.
- Follow-up via Skype and daily practice are imperative to achieve a good result.
- Motivation is very important. There is no shortcut to a feminine voice.
- Voice and speech therapy can give excellent results without resorting to voice feminization surgery.
Before & after
Curious to hear what kind of progress you could make? Below you can find a ‘before and after’ audio clip of Katrien’s patient, Emma. Listen and discover the huge difference this intensive program could make.
What patients say about their intensive Voice Feminization Training program
- An intensive one day program of 6 hours costs 600 euros (same price when spread over two days)
- A Skype session (30 minutes) costs 40 euros
Make your appointment
Yes, because the voice therapist needs to measure your voice to see what aspects should be worked upon during therapy. The therapy emphasizes the personal and individual needs of the patient.
This is difficult to predict. It depends on the outcome of the voice assessment and how much you practice everyday.
If you live too far away from a suitable Voice Feminization therapist, or from our clinic, we have a solution for you. Katrien Eerdekens, our voice therapist, provides online voice feminization training through Skype! You can find more information over here: https://www.2passclinic.com/voice/online-mtf-voice-feminization-training/
No. Hormones will not affect your voice. Your voice will not become higher through hormones once you’ve gone through male puberty. The effect can not be reversed.
However, with voice feminization training you can learn how to reach a higher pitch as well as work on your resonance, and many other things which you can read more about here: https://www.2passclinic.com/voice/mtf-voice-feminization-training/
A lot of instruction videos on Youtube are good, but keep in mind that these people can only speak from their own experience. It might not work the same for you, and there is a risk you’re going to start using your voice the wrong way
because no one is there to guide you and correct you. This is why many people pinch their voice without realizing, which just makes the voice sound high-pitched in an artificial way. So using your voice wrong would not only be unhealthy for your voice (tension, pain, hoarseness), but the sound you produce will not sound natural.
Aside of that, voice therapy is a lot more than just voice exercises. It’s also about finding your identity, about accepting what your voice can and can’t do, and about learning to gesticulate in a feminine way. 80% Of our communication is body language. Your voice therapist is also your coach.
Find out more about voice feminization training.
You should practice at least 30 minutes every day if you want to get good results. Going to a voice therapist is one thing, but practise is what is going to determine whether you succeed in getting the results you might hope to attain. It’s all up to what you do with the tools you are given! Read more about voice feminization training
You still have another question? Feel free to ask! We will answer your question and if generally applicable add it to the FAQ of this page.