Although Switzerland is no EU member, it follows the same guidelines as the German health insurance. You can only get a ‘yes’ to an S2 application if the treatment can not take place in Switzerland in time. If the Swiss insurer agrees, the patient must forward the S2 document to an insurer in the country where the treatment takes place, i.e. Belgium in the case of 2pass Clinic. The level of reimbursement depends on what a Belgian patient would receive in a similar situation.

Please contact your insurance to receive your own S2 application form, then make sure to send it to us. The doctor will make sure you receive all required documents.

Latest news:

“For the first time in Switzerland, a court has ruled in favour of a transsexual person in a case brought against their health insurer. Basic coverage must pay for the woman’s face surgery which was the last stage of her sex reassignment process.” (Swissinfo)

The health insurance company, Groupe Mutuel, first refused reimbursement, but the court decided they would have to reimburse the patient in their most recent case. This decision by the Geneva court might set a precedent for similar cases throughout Switzerland.

We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you wish to add information, please fill out the form below!

You still have another question? Feel free to ask! We will answer your question and if generally applicable add it to the FAQ of this page.