Electrolysis hair removal is not a walk in the park, but more a mountain trip. So some preparation before your session is important for an efficient session.
Preparation electrolysis hair removal with painpump
- Please arrive at 8h30 in the clinic for an intensive day session so we can arrange the painpump upfront so you will have enough hours of electrolysis. For other sessions with painpump: arrive half an hour before your scheduled time.
- Make sure you had breakfast. The pain pump on an empty stomach is no good idea.
- After a painpump you can not drive yourself for a few hours. Make sure to come by public transport or arrange to drive with somebody.
Preparation electrolysis hair removal always
- No shaving at least 3 days prior to treatment. We need to be able to grab the hair with a pincet, the hair should be minimum 2-3mm long.
- No epilation with a pincet or waxing 3 months prior to your electrolysis session.
- Hydrate your skin—for a better conductivity of the electricity and a more effective electrolysis session a daily exfoliation and application of a very moisturising cream is recommended.
- Avoid sun exposure the week preceding your electrolysis (or use blocking sunscreen)
- The day of your electrolysis your skin should be clean: no make-up or ointments.
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Try to come with a relaxed state of mind. Being relaxed has been proven to significantly reduce pain. You can bring some music that relaxes you so you can concentrate on that.
- Because the electrolysis calendar is quite full, best is to already book your follow-up session 6 weeks later now.
More information on electrolysis hair removal