Lips have always been a symbol of femininity.
Gender of the lips
In general the female upper lip is shorter then the male upper lip.
- Longer upper lip with less projection
- Shorter upper lip with good projection
The male face typically has a long upper lip with little or no visibility of the upper teeth.The youthful female face is characterized by a shorter distance between the base of the nose and the upper lip with more visibility of the teeth. It is a typical feminine trait that also characterizes youth, as opposed to the upper lip drooping and covering up your teeth which characterizes the aging process.
Feminizing the lips
In the lip lift procedure, a wave-like segment of skin (thicker in the middle) is removed directly from under the nose. The upper lip becomes shorter, which has the following benefits:
- The lip is rolled up, so a larger vermillion area is visible.
- The resulting curvature increases the lip projection.
- The upper teeth can be exposed about 3 or 4 mm.
Procedure of lip lift
- A lip lift can be performed in local anaesthesia or in combination with other procedures under general anaesthesia.
- After having made the design for the excision of the lip lift, the local anaesthetic is injected.
- The skin is excised and the wound closed in 2 layers.
Recovery of a lip lift and augmentation
FAQs before lip lift
That is a very difficult one. It depends very much upon your healing and we can’t give you any guarantee about how long it takes before you look good enough for a photoshoot.
It could be 4 months, but it could also be a year. Of course it also depends on the amount of work that has been done.
If you want you can send us good pictures together with your ideas so we can send you a financial and operative proposal. To receive a proposal, please fill in the proposal request online
and pay the proposal fee of 50 euro through Paypal.
Of course you are always welcome for a consultation.
Initially the scar will be visible as a red line just under the nose, partly hidden inside the nostrils. Because of a technique developed by Dr van de Ven there will be hardly any downward pull caused by the orbicularis muscle (sfincter muscle around the mouth). Therefore the scar will remain thin and after about 12 months it will be difficult to detect.
FAQs after lip lift
You still have another question? Feel free to ask! We will answer your question and if generally applicable add it to the FAQ of this page.