FFS price comparison 6 providers
A facial feminization surgery price comparison, based on real proposals, shows that 2pass Clinic is the most affordable option for Facial Feminization Surgery in Europe. Worldwide our clinic is, pricewise, only narrowly beaten by FFS surgeon Marcelo Di Maggio in Argentina.
Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) is a proven-way to pass much easier and boosts your self-confidence. However, the price of FFS is high and for many of us, knowing the rates of a surgeon helps in making an informed decision. Since most patients have to make a long journey for FFS, travel and accommodation costs are other factors to take into account.
We had access to 6 facial feminization surgery cost quotes, all made for the same patient. Based on these we have made a detailed FFS price comparison.
Caution: A higher cost does not equal better care or a better quality treatment. In the end, you have to make a decision based on which FFS surgeon can most likely give you the preferred outcome. Learn here how to choose your surgeon.
Price FFS: Costs of medical treatment
We were offered FFS price quotes from 6 surgeons, for the same patient:
- Facial Team, Marbella, Spain
- Dr. Marcelo Di Maggio, MDM Surgery, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Dr. Christopher Inglefield, London Transgender Clinic (LTC), UK
- Dr. Harrison Lee, Los Angeles / New York, USA
- Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel, Boston, USA
- Dr. Bart van de Ven, 2pass Clinic, Antwerp, Belgium
All surgeons gave a quotation for the following procedures:
- Forehead reconstruction
- Lip lift
The proposals included additional fees for anesthesia, materials and the hospital. In one case (Dr Di Maggio) a specifically Argentinian tax had to be added. Quotations were in euro, British pound and US dollar. For this comparison we converted and rounded all prices to euro. In brackets you will see the original quotes (rounded).
- Dr Di Maggio, Argentina: EUR 14,000 – 16,000 ($16,000-18,000)
- 2pass Clinic, Belgium: EUR 16,000
- Facial Team, Spain: EUR 18,000
- Dr Inglefield, UK: EUR 24,000 (£21,300)
- Dr Lee, USA: EUR 26,000 ($29,500)
- Dr Spiegel, USA: EUR 29,000 ($32,700)
- The quotes are based on one individual patient. Fees may differ in other cases.
- Dr Di Maggio (MDM) works in two different locations. One of the hospitals is cheaper (EUR 14.000 vs 16.000).
- Dr Lee’s rates were obtained by telephone, without prior consultation.
- From an American patient we learned that the quote for her surgery by Facial Team was twice as high as the one by 2pass Clinic. Apparently Facial Team has different prices for FFS depending on the country the patient lives in.
Additional costs for FFS
For travel expenses we added the cheapest ticket price for a trip in three months, based on figures from Skyscanner.com. We compared the costs for patients who left from New York City, Berlin, London and Sydney. The flight prices had only a small influence on the final results.
Facial Team and 2pass Clinic provided a quote for a stay in their own accommodation. The costs of stay of the other surgeons were based on figures from BudgetYourTrip.com.
Facial Team recommended a stay of 11 days, 2pass Clinic 7 days, MDM 16 days, Dr. Spiegel 10 days. Our comparison is based on 10 days in each location.
FFS Price Comparison: The Results
These are the results if we add the price of FFS to the travel and accommodation costs for 10 days:
- Dr Di Maggio, Argentina: EUR 16,000 – 17,000 (depending on hospital)
- 2pass Clinic, Belgium: EUR 18,000
- Facial Team, Spain: EUR 20,000
- Dr Inglefield, UK: EUR 26,000
- Dr Lee, USA: EUR 28,000
- Dr. Spiegel, USA: EUR 31,000
Want to know what your Facial Feminization Surgery at 2pass Clinic would cost?
1 – Pictures evaluation (50 euro)
Dr Bart van de Ven will make a personal analysis of your face and give his surgical opinion of which procedures you need to feminize your face. He will send you a quote for these procedures and a simulation of the FFS result based on the pictures you upload. The payment of the 50 euro is processed by Paypal (you don’t need a Paypal account to pay with Paypal). You can upload the requested pictures as instructed in the form.
2 – Pictures evaluation + Skype consultation (100 euro)
The Skype consultation combines the pictures evaluation with a Skype consultation.
- After booking your Skype consultations you will receive an email with instructions to send your pictures.
- Before the actual Skype consultation, Dr Bart van de Ven will make a personal analysis of your face and give his surgical opinion of which procedures you need to feminize your face. He will send you a quote for these procedures and a simulation of the FFS result based on the pictures you upload.
- During the consultation, Dr Bart van de Ven will answer all of your questions and explain the procedures suggested.
- The available hours are the same as the Antwerp consultation below (every Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and Friday morning, Brussels time).
3 – Live consultation (50 or 100 euro depending on the location)
Book a live consultation with Dr Bart van de Ven in Antwerp or one of the other cities he will be visiting. During your appointment, you will be able to address Dr Bart van de Ven with all of the questions you may have and he will give you his professional opinion on the procedures you might want or need. This is what you can expect from your FFS consultation. He will also make professional pictures and send a simulation of the FFS result based on the pictures after the consultation.
- Antwerp, 50 euro, Belgium (every week):
- every Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and Friday morning
- London, 100 euro (every 3 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday May 4, 2019
- Sunday May 5, 2019
- Saturday September 21, 2019
- Munich, 50 euro (every 2 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday May 11, 2019
- Sunday May 12, 2019
- Saturday October 5, 2019
- Berlin, 50 euro (every 2 months): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday April 13, 2019
- Saturday June 22, 2019
- Vienna, 50 euro (every year): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday November 2, 2019
- Stockholm, 50 euro (every year): Upcoming dates:
- Saturday May 30, 2020
All quote- and consultation fees are fully donated to the charity organisation of Dr Bart van de Ven.
Just want a general idea of costs?