A machine that combats baldness and makes the hair thicker: many transgender women dream about it. At 2pass Clinic, a diode laser can stimulate hair growth.
Hair density in older transgender women
Female hormones help to slightly thicken the hair at the back, but in many older transgender women, the density of the hair nevertheless leave much to be desired.
Hair growth stimulation with a diode laser can change this. Clinical research indicates that this method can cause an increase in hair density of between 40 and 60 percent, with a success rate of 85 percent in the reduction of hair loss. This is possible with a treatment of sixty minutes every two weeks for half a year.
Hair growth stimulation by means of diode laser
What a diode laser does when set up for hair growth stimulation
- Stimulates the blood flow of the scalp. This promotes the renewal of collagen fibers and metabolism.
- Stimulates the hair follicles.
- Regulates the grease secretion of the hair follicles.
- Promotes the scalp’s health and improves hair quality.
- Promotes nutrient intake by the hair.
How is the treatment done?
- Treatment starts with washing the hair. To save time, the patient can do this at home in advance.
- During the first of a series of treatments, the condition of the hair is analyzed. The data goes into the computer to make an objective comparison after the series of treatments.
- Afterwards, the hairy scalp is washed clean using a physiological saline solution and an air spray.
- With a special sprayer, a solution of Minoxidil (5% in men and transgender women, 3% in genetic women) is sprayed on the area to be treated. Minoxidil, also known as Rogaine, is the first lotion registered for the treatment of hair loss. It was actually developed as an antihypertensive agent. However, researchers found that people who used it grew hair as well.
- To ensure that the Minoxidil is better absorbed, the scalp is massaged with a special electric comb for five minutes.
- Thereafter, a series of red, blue and yellow LED lights is followed by two types of laser light for 60 minutes.
- Afterwards, the patient should wait an hour before washing the hair again and rinsing out the Minoxidil lotion.
- After a series of 13 treatments over a 26 week period, a minimum of 1 month interval should be allowed. After that, a new series of treatments can be started if desired.
Treatment with Minoxidil and a diode laser is generally well tolerated. There are few side effects. The main side effect of Minoxidil is that it can stimulate hair growth in areas other than where it is applied, such as arms, legs and the face. This will discontinue if you stop using Minoxidil. In such cases, we can continue treatment using H-Stim hair recovery serum, which also stimulates hair growth, but only where it was applied. However, there is hardly sufficient evidence that it really works. Studies have shown that Minoxidil gives the best results in men and women who have recently had a small bald spot.