Butt augmentation

Butt augmentation

What is buttock augmentation?

Butt augmentation gives you fuller and rounder butts that are in line with your gender identity. Butt augmentation is often carried out for transwomen who are unsatisfied with the shape of their butts or with the proportion between their butts and the rest of their body. For many transwomen, this form of body feminization surgery leads to more self-confidence and pride.

buttock augmentation

The surgery can be carried out in two different ways. Either using butt implants or via liposculpture, or fat grafting. Our plastic surgeon Dr Doornaert is specialized in body feminization surgery for transwomen. During a consultation with Dr Doornaert, it will become clear what the best solution is for you.

Upcoming consultation dates:

Liposculpture

A butt augmentation via fat grafting or a Brazilian butt lift is the most common, most natural and most successful option. With this method, fat is removed from another part of the body, mostly the abdominal area, under local or general anaesthetic. The fat is then injected into your butts. The result? A flat belly, narrow waist and fuller, rounder butts. Complications from this procedure are minimal, including over the long term.

For butt augmentation via fat grafting, one thing is very important: you must naturally have sufficient body fat. When the body fat is injected into your butts, 30% will be absorbed by your body. The remaining 70% will remain in your butts permanently. So it is possible that the procedure may have to be repeated after around six months in order to obtain the desired result.

And after the operation?

  • Avoid pressure on your butts so that the ‘new’ injected fat can be absorbed optimally by your body.
  • Don’t engage in sports for three weeks.
  • In addition, be sure to follow all the instructions on this list carefully.

Butt Implants

Butt implants may be that you do not have enough body fat for a Brazilian butt lift. This is no problem. We can also carry out butt augmentation by means of implants. Dr Doornaert uses silicone implants for this procedure. These are comparable to the silicones used for hip augmentations.

More information on butt implants surgery

And after the operation?

  • The healing period takes between four and six weeks.
  • You may experience a feeling of heavy pressure in your butts, but this is normal.
  • Don’t engage in any sports for three weeks – if you move too much, the implant may become displaced.
  • We recommend that you wear elastic compression clothing 24/7 for three weeks to prevent seromas.
  • In addition, be sure to follow all the instructions on this list carefully.

The cost of butt augmentation for transgenders

How much your surgery will ultimately cost depends on a number of factors. We advise you to schedule a consultation with Dr Doornaert first. In an initial face-to-face conversation, Dr Doornaert and you will discuss what is the best solution for you. Do you do live far from the 2pass Clinic, or can’t wait until a consultation? In that case, have a look at this price list with indicative prices >

Combine your butt augmentation with another procedure

For transwomen who come to 2pass Clinic in Antwerp from abroad, it is often handy to combine several procedures. That way you have only one trip to make, need to take time off work only once and go through only one recovery. You can combine your butt augmentation with other procedures. But note that this will have a greater impact on your body, both physically and mentally.

Book your surgery

In combination with facial feminization surgery

You can have your butt augmentation the day before your facial feminization surgery. Your butt augmentation will take place on Wednesday and your facial feminization surgery on Thursday.

In combination with hip augmentation

It is possible to combine your hip augmentation with a butt augmentation. But we would like to warn you: you might be very uncomfortable after the procedure because you will be able to sleep only on your stomach.

Would you like more information? Are you curious to find out what we can do for you? Dr Doornaert will be pleased to explain it all during a personal consultation.

 

FAQ

Can I combine butt and hip augmentation by implants?

The combination is possible, but uncomfortable, as sleeping is after the surgery only permitted on the belly, and sitting is difficult. After hip augmentation, sleeping is permitted on the belly and the back. After gluteal augmentation sleeping is permitted on the sides and the belly. This leaves only the belly for the combination of surgeries…

You still have another question? Feel free to ask! We will answer your question and if generally applicable add it to the FAQ of this page.